Sunday, 19 February 2017
Saturday, 18 February 2017
- 2 bags frozen cheese tortellini
- large bunch fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- about 3 medium tomatoes or the equivalent in cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- handful of fresh basil, chopped
Boil a big pan of water. Add the broccoli to the pot of boiling water. A minute or two later add the tortellini. The pasta only takes a couple of minutes to cook, so you can do the broccoli at the same time. Once the tortellini is done, drain the water and rinse the pasta and broccoli in cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain and place into a large bowl, along with the tomatoes.
To make the dressing, combine the rest of the ingredients in a container with a tight fitting lid. Shake it all up till it’s well combined. Pour over the salad and toss to coat.
You can serve this right away or refrigerate it for several hours or even the next day.