Monday 15 January 2018

~ Peace Lives In The Forest~

Sometimes, when life suffocates me
And I can't see the wood for the trees
My head and my heart swell with sadness
And I long for the land of the free
When everything stands on my shoulders
And leaves me with such little hope
I look to the trees for condolence
And the stillness they offer my soul
I walk through the realm of the forest
A mystical, magical place
I study its perfect existence
Whilst feeling immersed in its grace
I breathe in the essence of living
A carpet of life on the ground
I overhear birds singing love songs
And witness the beauty of sound
I ponder my woeful existence
Where greed overlooks charity
I look to the trees for direction
They offer my mind clarity
I am but a soul in life's ocean
Where man sleeps beneath the rough tides
Not noticing beauty surrounds him
Declining to open his eyes
Swim up to the top and inhale life
Endeavour to open your eyes
Life doesn't have to be savage
If we all pull together and try
Harmony lives in the forest
Peace trickles down from a stream
Love is the hand that heals nature
And freedom is oh, but a dream
~ © Amelia Dashwood.



No comments:

Post a Comment