Monday 24 September 2018

Autumn Child

~ Autumn Child ~
I was made for autumn time,
Her patient dawns and pensive skies,
Thick, woven scarves and poetry,
The rustling sonnets of the leaves.
I was made for misty days,
The intense scent of life's decay,
A touch of frost upon my nose,
The feral winds that howl and blow.
I was made for autumn rain,
Viewed safely from my window pane,
Beloved books and apple pie,
A glowing hearth and candlelight.
I was made for harvest moons,
All Hallows' Eve and pumpkins too,
The embers of a blessed fire
That sweep throughout a sleepy Shire.
I was made for onyx dawns,
Bewitching noons & breathless morns,
The whispers of a thinning veil,
Enchanted eves and timeless tales.
I was made for cloudless skies,
Autumnal walks and warm attire,
The beauty of each matchless day;
O Autumn, bless me with your ways.
© Flora Turrill, Old Meg’s Cottage, A Country Diary. All rights reserved.
Art Wendy Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment