Thursday 27 October 2022

Sylvia Plath

 



🎂 Happy birthday to Sylvia Plath (1932-1963), American writer whose best-known works, including the novel The Bell Jar, starkly express a sense of alienation and self-destruction closely tied to her personal experiences and, by extension, the situation of women in mid-20th-century America. 👇
"I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in my life. And I am horribly limited."
"If you expect nothing from somebody you are never disappointed."
"I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart. I am, I am, I am."
"Kiss me, and you will see how important I am."
"I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, 'This is what it is to be happy.'"
***

No comments:

Post a Comment