Friday 3 August 2012

Quite Possibly One of the Most Beautiful Poses I’ve Ever Seen. {Photograph by Robert Sturman}

         
 
 


part 1

I don’t believe I’ve seen this pose and I do believe it is

quite possibly one of the most beautiful poses I have ever witnessed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

part 2

…and then, there is the rest of the shoot from earlier this week. 

Still, too fresh for words.

But, the remarkable thing about these days,

is that the internet is a window into the artist’s studio as the work is being created.

~~~
.
.
.
.
,
,
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

“As you live Deeper in the Heart, the Mirror gets

clearer and cleaner.”

~ Rumi


“My strength has the strength of ten because my heart is pure.”

 Alfred Lord Tennyson

~~~
The model studying the images during the shoot
.
Noelle Beaugureau, The  Sól Goddess,
is a frequent and luminous subject in Sturman’s work.
Together, they continue to create a highly inspired
body of work in the mountains and by the sea.
~~~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
part 3

The following is a selection of work from

Beaugureau/Sturman collaborations in 2011

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The End
~
Editor: Kate Bartolotta

Like elephant culture on Facebook.


A dedicated yoga practitioner himself, Sturman's work has increasingly focused on capturing the timeless grace and embodied mindfulness of asana. His portraits, whether set in the lively streets of Manhattan, the expansiveness of Malibu's beaches and canyons, the timeless elegance of Walden's New England, or the bleakness of San Quentin Prison, remind us that there is beauty everywhere. In Sturman's own words "I often think of Rumi: 'I can't stop pointing to the beauty.' That feels right to me." ...... Excerpt from Dearbhla Kelly's article: Intoxicated With Beauty—Portrait of an Artist's 




No comments:

Post a Comment