Friday 29 November 2019

Shadow Weaver

I am the Shadow Weaver,
I creep between your light and dark,
I drink of your joy and your sorrow,
I gift you both love and hard lessons.
For I am the Shadow Weaver,
It's me that you fear in the dark,
It's me that brings you your wishes.
I gift you abundance and pain.
Hear my crow caw in the morning mist,
"Where shall we go today" she asks,
"Shall we see how high we can fly until you fear the fall"?
I am The Badb, The Washer at the Ford, The Dark Goddess,
You cannot be my daughter if you're full of fear!
Did you really think this path would be easy?
Did you expect to be reborn without having to die first?
Walk my path with me child,
Follow me through the Cedar Veil,
Learn to fear neither death nor life, dark or light,
Walk with the dead and the living alike.
I am the Shadow Weaver and I bring you my gift,
Weave your web of red and grey in my name,
Become the Banshee and use your fury,
And howl at the fear that envelops the soul.
©Badb’s Cauldron (LW)
(Artwork: Owner Unknown)


No comments:

Post a Comment