Sunday 17 February 2013



10 Haiku Poems Written by Cats


Do you believe cats don't have deep thoughts? Think again. Here are 10 poems penned by kitties.

Cats spend quite a lot of time staring into space -- and sometimes at invisible spots on the wall. I've often wondered what they might be thinking about during those zone-outs. Are they be daydreaming about finally catching that red laser dot? Are they trying to figure out how to retrieve that catnip banana they'd batted under the dining room hutch? No and no. They're mentally writing cat haiku, of course.
Here are 10 haiku poems by cats:
"Haiku -- do you?" Cat Resting Under Jade Plant by Flickr Creative Commons
Aromatic trash
You forgot to close the lid
Remnants of taco
"Do I smell Mexican?" Scavenger by Flickr Creative Commons
At the toilet tank
Licking sweet condensation
J'aime les toilettes
"J'aime des toilettes." Tucked in on the Toilet by Flickr Creative Commons
Humiliation
My prison, a plastic noose
The cone on my neck 
"The shame ..." Treats? by Flickr Creative Commons
Key in the front door
Excited to see you but
Mostly I want food
"Welcome Home. Feed me." Beautiful White Ragamuffin Cat by Shutterstock
 How can I expect
To appear dignified with
This wig on my head?
"I sure hope Mittens and the guys never see this one."
Your head is quite small
Tell me why I cannot have
Most of your pillow
"That's not so bad, right?" Gus Likes to Sleep on My Pillow by Flickr Creative Commons
Deep concentration
Focused, my eyes fixed ahead
Here comes number two
"And heeere it comes." Cat Dispose in Litter Box by Shutterstock
Cocooned in blankets
Cruel truth descends upon me
You're making the bed
"Thanks for ruining my morning." Cat Under Blankets by Shutterstock
My morning greeting
Your first hello to the day
My butt in your face 
"Wakey, wakey!" Woman and Her Cat Relaxing in Her Bed by Shutterstock
Your lips, dry and cracked
I've batted all your Chapstick
Under the sofa
"Don't even try to kiss me with those chappy lips."
What would your cat's haiku look like?


No comments:

Post a Comment