The site of Nant-y-Ffrith Hall is just north of Bwlchgwyn in Avenue Wood. This view is of the south east entrance of the house, the porch and ground level extension having been added around 1900. The main house dates to the 1820s with later additions throughout the mid C19th and was originally built as a hunting lodge for a tea merchant. It was completely demolished by 1950. The view here obscures the service wings and glass houses to the north east of the house.