- 1.Bring 3.4 litre/6 pint water and 2 tbsp salt to the boil for the pasta.
- 2.For the sauce, squeeze the tomatoes into the sink to get rid of most of the juice, then cut each one in half.
- 3.Heat the oil in a pan with the garlic, rosemary and sage and cook gently for about 1 minute without browning.
- 4.Add the chilli, tomatoes, capers, olives, anchovies, oregano and some black pepper and leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- 5.Meanwhile, add the pasta to the pan of boiling water and cook for about 7 minutes or until al dente.
- 6.Drain and tip it into a large warmed serving bowl. Pour over the sauce, add the chopped parsley and toss together well. Serve straight away, with plenty of red wine.