Tuesday 1 January 2013

Sex Goddess Here I Come!

http://betterafter50.com/2013/01/my-resolution-to-be-a-sex-goddess/

My Resolution: Be A Sex Goddess

January 1, 2013
By
My Resolution - To Be A Sex GoddessIf you’ve seen my profile at The Huffington Post, you’ll notice that I called myself “Writer, Sex Goddess.” Admittedly I agonized over that, briefly. I sought opinions from my friends on Facebook before submitting my short bio.
Why shouldn’t I call myself a Sex Goddess? Don’t we tell little girls they can be anyone or anything they want? Aren’t we able to recreate ourselves at every stage of life?
Right this moment it’s possible to see yourself as many things. Chef. CEO. Queen of Retail. Physician. Sex Goddess.
Sex Goddess is a big deal to me. Yes, I say it with a twinkle in my eye and a little smile. I haven’t put it on my business card, nor have I informed my adult sons or my mother of my new life calling. I’m not sure they’d understand but I’m guessing that you do.
Let me tell you how I got here and why I think this name is appropriate.
Goddess:
1. A female being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people.
2. A female being believed to be the source of life and being and worshipped as the principal deity in various religions. Used with the.
3. An image of a female supernatural being; an idol.
4. Something, such as fame or wealth, that is worshipped or idealized.
5. A woman of great beauty or grace.
First of all, I’d love to be worshipped if that meant my followers would bring me offerings of love, gifts, sexy lingerie and money. How far out would that be? Worshipping would be fabulous. Young men (and women) would follow my every word, lift the hem of my gown as I walked and sit idly by, on pillows, soaking up my every word. Older men would want to be in my presence, eager for me to confer my wise words and knowing hands on their sexuality. And give gifts of money.
A woman of great beauty or grace. What can I say?
Seriously. My sexual awakening didn’t happen in my youth or during my 25+ years of marriage. I discovered myself sexually, over a period of years starting in the mid 2000′s. Post-divorce and in the midst of some unusual dating situations.
It was more than discovering that I enjoy sex. To me, being a Sex Goddess means that I have obtained some wisdom as it relates to sexuality. The sexuality we each possess as women, in our own rights, as well as the dance of men and women (or women and women) as they come together.
My goal is to spark the awkward conversations–push the comfort zone– and encourage women of all ages to develop a healthy, well-informed outlook on their own sexuality.  I’m not saying that we should spend all our time talking about, thinking about and pursuing sexual activities. What I envision for my worshippers (it has such a heady ring) is a healthy outlook on all things sexual. I’ll go into more detail as I begin to lay out my vision more clearly.
For now, I’m just like everyone else. I wear sweats around the house, I plan cookie parties with my grandchildren and I think about my next opportunity to exhibit my playful, sexual side.
As one last offering I’d like to remind each and every one of you, that you too can become a Sex Goddess. Maybe a lesser goddess, but a goddess nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment