Wednesday 19 August 2015

When Missing You is All there Is. {Poem}

Via Nicole Cameronon Aug 17, 2015

 KjartanMichalsen/Flickr

I miss the blue in your eyes.

I miss feeling your smile in my bones and tasting ‘I love you’ on my tongue.
I miss mornings underneath you and too many blankets.
I miss your nose taking in the scent of my hair.
I miss the deep vibration of your voice against my skin.
I miss watching you craft perfect funfetti pancakes, snow
falling outside.
I miss the way I fit perfectly under your chin during a hug.
I miss the bliss of airport reunions and long-awaited kisses.
I miss silly Santa hats and individually-wrapped presents.
I miss laying on the beach in silence watching you read, chest rising
and falling.
I miss our safe space, our promise of total honesty.
I miss the person you showed me you could be.
I miss believing in your good and seeing it in action.
I miss the memories and the maybes.
I miss missing you the way I used to.
I miss the hope that’s
fallen away to sadness.
I miss the light that surrounded us together.
I miss the blue in your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment