The Moszna Castle is one of the most famous historical castles located in the village of Moszna, Poland.
Also, it is one of the best-known monuments in the southern part of the country. The history of this enormous palace begins in the 17th century, and it contains 365 rooms and 99 spires.During excavation, much older parts (cellars) were found in the castle’s gardens. The investigator H. Barthel claimed that the cellars could belong to a much older Templar Castle, but this theory has never been proven.
This castle is a magical place resembling the castles and palaces from many fairy tales and Disney movies. Though it was originally designed in Baroque style, throughout the centuries, few additions have been made, including a construction of the eastern wing in neo-Gothic style and of the western wing in neo-Renaissance style.
The old baroque palace is at the center of the castle which in 1896 was partially destroyed by fire. The same year, the damaged part was reconstructed by Franz Hubert von Tiele-Winckler who extended the residence. The east Neo-gothic wing was built in 1900, and in 1914 the west wing was built in the NeoRenaissance style.