Saturday 24 May 2014

Bull Terrier Ownership

There is no dignity in being owned by a Bull Terrorist. So when you sign up, keep this in mind. I'm the owner who has to drag the dog on his back to the gate at the park whilst everyone thinks "she hasn't trained her dog well". I'm the one who stands chatting to other dog walkers whilst they play ball with their pooches and mine decides it's toilet time - only to see a red and blue sock appear in his stool. I'm the one who get's tangled up in his 35ft lunge lead and ends up on my backside when he takes off in the wrong direction. I'm the one being pulled home by a desperate BT, ears splayed like an umbrella when it starts to rain whilst all the other breeds are merrily playing with their balls and owners. I'm the one who is always saying "be gentle, be gentle" when my dog has another dog pinned down in playtime whilst their owner gives me the flared nostril, thin lipped sigh. I'm the one who apologises to guests when the stench hits the air and try to explain it's the dog and not me. I'm the one who says "he has no etiquette, sorry" when he burps in someone's face whilst they are hugging him. I'm the one shouting at guests "Don't move" when he goes into his wild Bullie Run doing flick flacks before pouncing onto their laps. Having said that - I'm the one that gets the best Bullie love and cuddles, the smiles, the chats and the cause for so much laughter.




No comments:

Post a Comment