Monday 18 May 2015

13 reasons having a dog is way better than having a partner

13 reasons having a dog is way better than having a boyfriend or girlfriend
I beat any boyfriend or girlfriend (Picture: Getty)

If you’re single, looking for love, feeling lonely, desperate for a partner to share your 

journey… then you might want to look no further than a dog.


There’s no need to shackle yourself to another human being when our four legged friends

 can offer so much more than a standard boyfriend or girlfriend.

They provide comfort and company without question or judgement. Dog lovers know that 

man’s best friend is just that, and then some.

Which two legged partner can offer you this in a relationship?

1. No expectations 

PARTNER: We never do anything together any more. You’ve put on a few pounds. You’ve 

let yourself go.


DOG: You always look great. Can I sit on your lap?


2. No judgement 

PARTNER: Why do you like these rubbish books and films so much?


DOG: Shall we watch Pretty Woman on the sofa again? Brilliant!


Mixed race woman playing with dog in park


YAY (Picture: Getty)

3. No accusations

PARTNER: Did you just fart in the bed? Did you eat the last biscuit? Did you forget to

 replace the loo roll? etc etc

DOG: Yes that’s my fart, I’m proud of it, I’ll own it. Do one yourself, I don’t care. Let’s just 

share the last biscuit.

4. No cheating

PARTNER: I didn’t mean it, they meant nothing to me. I just have a wandering eye
 .
DOG: Hey I may sniff another dog’s butt but I always come home with you. These sad, 

droopy eyes only see my lovely human.

5. No stress

PARTNER: Where are we going with this relationship? What are we doing with our lives?

DOG: Hey, wanna hang out? Maybe take a nap?



13 reasons having a dog is way better than having a boyfriend or girlfriend


You look fabulous today, and every day (Picture: Getty)

6. No rejection 

PARTNER: I’m just not feeling very physical today.

DOG: Want another cuddle?

7. No recriminations

PARTNER: You’re late back, where have you been?

DOG: I’m just so glad you’re home I don’t care where you’ve been or who with
.
8. No drunken rows

PARTNER: I hate you and I’m leaving and I never liked that jacket on you.

DOG: Let’s just lie down silently together until your head stops spinning.



Portrait of woman with black dog


I love cuddles (Picture: Getty)

9. No guilt trips

PARTNER: I can’t believe you did that!

DOG: Whatever you do is fine by me and I trust you with everything. Even my favourite toys.

10. No split loyalties  

PARTNER: No, I don’t want to spend the day with your family or friends. I just can’t get on 

with them.

DOG: Woohoo! More people to play with. Can I kiss them all?


11. No confusion

PARTNER: I don’t know what you want from me.

DOG: Sit. Stay. Roll over. What do you want me to do next?


Woman petting dog on bed



Woof (Picture: Getty)

12. No answering back

PARTNER: There’s no point going on and on about it unless you want me to help you, and

I’ve already given you my opinion so can we please just close the subject?

DOG: Talk as much as you want, I just love hearing your voice.


13. No breaking up


PARTNER: It’s not you, it’s me. Can we still be friends?


DOG: It’s you and me for life.




Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/12/13-reasons-having-a-dog-is-way-better-than-having-a-partner-5191446/#ixzz3aX49H0DA



No comments:

Post a Comment