Saturday 20 January 2018

Coffee, Chocolate & Wine: How to make Tiramisu into a Drink. {Vegan, Gluten-Free Recipe} Via Stephanie Lee

get elephant's newsletter

 

This coffee drink is a close representation of my favorite dessert, tiramisu.

I have made tiramisu from scratch, and it takes me about three to four hours to do it and stay faithful to the traditional recipe.
In Italian, tiramisu, means “pick me up.” The caffeine from the coffee and chocolate, and the sugar from the wine, helps to give us that extra oomph!
In stark contrast to making classic tiramisu, which can take hour, this drink takes just five minutes to make and is immediately ready to consume.
This recipe has some of my favorite ingredients: coffee, chocolate, and wine.
I invented this drink during this winter season; it is ideal for when there is a chill and thin crispness in the air. I drink this at night when it is cold—and it warms and brightens up my mood instantly. It does give me that extra oomph, or tiramisu, pick-me-up!
The cheerful and joyful ingredients of coffee, wine, and the groundedness of chocolate makes this drink a welcome after-dinner coffee drink, to sit in front of the fire with, or to just feel cozy, warm, and alive.
Serving Size: 16 oz. for one person.
Ingredients:
Wet ingredients:
8 oz. water
4 oz. almond milk
4 oz. red wine of alternative preference
Dry ingredients:
1 Tbsp. instant coffee
1 tsp. cocoa powder
1 tsp. sugar or sweetener of preference
Into a microwaveable 16 ounce cup, pour the water, almond milk, and red wine. Stir. Heat in the microwave for two minutes.
Remove from the microwave and add the instant coffee, cocoa powder, and sugar. Stir together to combine. If it is not warm enough for your liking, heat for another 30 seconds.
Smell the yumminess of the chocolate, coffee, and wine. Mmmm! I am smiling with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment