Wednesday 4 November 2020

Samhain


By Elspeth Sapphire
It is the time of burning leaves,
The crispness of the air has awakened
Memories both dark and hidden,
Memories of past feasts partaken.
I sit comfortly in this silent room
Computer keyboard beneath my fingers
Yet...my mind is never frozen here
In times past it wants to linger.
I 'see' a bonfire raging on a hilltop
With my people all gathered around
Our prayers to the Gods I shout,
Yet, in my dreams I hear not a sound.
The drums beat, the people dance
Wildness fills the autumn night.
The Other Side is so very close--
The Veil just beyond the fire light.
I reach, I feel, I almost touch...
Spirit fingers entwine with mortal
Then dawn's first light appears
And seals again the fragile portal.
I turn away from the cold ashes
Let the wildness leave my aching soul.
Another year til another Samhain...
On that night again I'll be whole.
Artist Julia C. Gray


No photo description available.

No comments:

Post a Comment