Saturday 22 May 2021

Harebells


(Clychau'r Eon.)
(An old welsh folk song.)
As I was walking through the fields I bumped into a hare
I caught him by the ears and said, now bite me if you dare
He gave a little squeal and cried, if you will let me go
I'll take you to the valley where the harebells grow
Where the lovely harebells grow
Come come I'll take you to the valley where the harebells grow
Along the new mown hay we fled, in search of harebells blue
And sure enough we found a spot where thousands of them grew
Each trembling on its stalk as though surprised with sudden fear
And ringing out a tiny chime that only hares can hear
That only hares can hear
Come come, I'll take you to the valley where the harebells grow
Where the harebells grow.
Artist Lisa O'Malley

May be an illustration

No comments:

Post a Comment