Saturday 5 June 2021

Salmon with Creamy Mushroom & Tarragon Sauce

 

Salmon with Creamy Mushroom & Tarragon Sauce.
I created this recipe last summer on behalf of @yellowtailuk to pair with its Pinot Noir Red Wine. I’d like to say I’m now done with Dry January but if the truth be known, I’m not sure I could even claim to have achieved Damp January!
I can be virtuous however in that despite the totally rubbish weather and the fact that we’re all living in each other’s pockets, I’m still smiling and am vaguely sane. And my family are still talking to me! Even if it just to ask “what’s for dinner?”!
You can serve this quick salmon dish with roasted new potatoes, mash, skinny fries or rice. If you flake the salmon it’s really good stirred through pasta too!
INGREDIENTS for 4:
4 salmon fillets
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots finely chopped
250g wild mushrooms
2 tsp cornflour
½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
100ml veg stock
250ml crème fraiche
2 tbsp tarragon leaves roughly chopped
METHOD:
Heat the butter in a non-stick pan and add the salmon fillets. Cook for 2 minutes each side then set aside onto a warm plate.
Add the oil and shallots to the same pan and soften for a couple of minutes before adding the mushrooms. Season well. Saute the mushrooms for two minutes.
Mix together the Dijon Mustard, cornflour and a splash of the stock to make a paste. Add this to the shallots and mushroom mixture. Add the vinegar and stir in the stock, followed by the crème fraiche. Bring to a simmer.
Return the salmon fillets to the pan for two more minutes then take to the table sprinkled with the fresh tarragon.
May be an image of food

No comments:

Post a Comment