Wednesday 25 May 2022

Women Friends

 Dear Friend,

I don’t need you at your best when you come to my home.
I don’t care what you are wearing or what car you drove here.
I don’t care if there is food on your shirt and your hair is full of knots.
None of that matters to me.
I care about you.
I care about what’s in your heart, how afraid you are. What you worry about in the night.
I care about your deepest fears and your biggest dreams and I am there for it all.
If you mess up, I won’t judge.
That’s my promise to you.
So, don’t cancel me because your house is a mess and your cupboards are bare.
I will bring what you need with pleasure and I will listen to your problems without measure or malice.
If you are on the floor, I’m picking you up, or I’m sitting own beside you.
You need never be alone down there.
And before I leave, I will have made you smile at least once.
That’s my promise to you.
So, save your best for someone else my friend because I want you, just as you are.
That’s what friends are for.
Donna Ashworth
From ‘To The Women: words to live by’
Art by Lynn Greer (details in comments)

No comments:

Post a Comment