Saturday 3 September 2016

Gluten Free Hob Nobs

I've been using this wheat free recipe for years as I was missing hob nobs, I now prefer these to the new gf hob nobs so though I'd share. I am using normal oats but gf oats should make this gluten and wheat free.
Cream together 4oz butter and 3oz sugar
Add 1tsp syrup
Work in 4oz gf flour, 1/2 tsp bicarb and 1 cup oats
Make small walnut sized balls and place on non stick paper well spaced.
Cook at 190 for 10-15 mins until brown
Remove and leave to cool before moving them (they firm up when cool)
I have messed about with this recipe a lot and it is always nice. I've used peanut butter as some of the fat, or coconut oil. I also added protein powder, or coconut flour, or cocoa powder in place of some of the flour. Its a great one for kids to help with too as it's not complicated 😀


No comments:

Post a Comment