Sunday 13 September 2015

A Love Story in 108 Words. {Poetry}

Via on Apr 7, 2014

Seekingheart

i didn’t ask

to fall in love
but I did

i wasn’t looking

and there
you were

we laughed with ease

i listened,
engaged
entranced

i held your words

in my cells
my heart breathed 

time passed

control is stealthy
tumultuous demands
shadowy storms revealed 

the pictures hung

tilted
spilling
pain

we changed 

we gave
but rarely enough
to satiate an emptiness
silent, manipulating and cold

I snipped the chords

stale air escaped
and strings floated 

tinted colors have returned

solitude sips tranquility

i didn’t expect

to find love, again
 but there it was
in my reflection

breathing love

into life
again

Love elephant and want to go steady?

Sign up for our (curated) daily and weekly newsletters!



No comments:

Post a Comment