Saturday 21 April 2018

Let me Steal the Lines you Spoke to me at Night Via Katie Kronberg

get elephant's newsletter

Let me steal the lines
you spoke to me at night.
I’ll write them down in prose
to share someday with you
over coffee with cream and sugar.
One lump in yours or two?
I’ll shed these petals red,
across my dew-studded eyes;
I’ll speak in frosted leaves
of all that once was ours
for I cannot erase the words
scratched with a carving knife,
letters donned upon the spot
marked “you” within my heart.
Let me ne’er forget that time
I gazed upon the mountainous
slopes with which souls are made.
I tethered mine to yours,
yet not again, no never more.
Twin peaks that cannot touch.
This and nothing more to say—
I breathe the fog between our hearts. 
Let me steal these lines of ours;
the wind is in need of tears
to dash upon the mountain tops,
found beneath these lungs.
Yet even there, not even then,
grooves of love cannot be filled.
I’ll whisper to the moon above,
“Tell him I love him still.”
~
~
Author: Katie Kronberg
Image: William/Flickr
Editor: Nicole Cameron
Copy Editor: Yoli Ramazzina

No comments:

Post a Comment