Thursday 30 August 2018

Song From The Moors

Song From The Moors
They were both so young
When they met for the first time
Loving was easy
Though there were dark clouds
They only saw blue skies
Words filled with passion
Souls became entwined
But she grew up proud
He wasn't good enough
She wanted him gone
He ran off into the dusk
Far away from her
Far away from me
She wanted a gentleman
So married that kind of man
He offered his heart
So she gave him a part
Of her, but her heart was torn
And in thoughts strayed to the one
Heathcliffe my darling
He'd lie awake at night
Feel her whisper his name
Hoping she just might
Come home,
Please come home
Haunting love haunting love
Do not leave my weary side
Touch my face through the wind
Feel the rain, the tears I cry
Drive me mad drive me crazy
Just don't ever let me go
You are mine and I am yours
Kindred soul
Rachel Bronte
Art Robert McGinnis


No comments:

Post a Comment