Saturday 28 December 2019

Peter Pan Wishes!


The crescent moon's a sailboat, upon a crystal sea,
that's filled, with sparkling diamonds, that twinkle down, at me.
I see trees' branches, reaching, toward that sea, so high.
They're wishing, for flight's freedom, and wishing, too, am I!
From Peter Pan, a visit, I'd so love, to receive!
Perhaps, if I wish, hard, enough, and promise, "I believe",
he'll fly, down, to my window ledge, and kindly, offer, make,
of sprinkles, of Tink's Fairy Dust, for journey, we can take!
Oh, I do hope Tink would agree; the stories show, she might!
I've read, that she helped other boys take flight, into the night.
I'd love, to fly, above my house, and past my school, and then,
I'd like, to wave, into the bedroom windows, of my friends!
I'd whiz about, and laugh and shout, and they'd be so, surprised,
to see me, there, with Peter Pan, and Tinker, by my side!
We'd sit, in trees, to owls' amazement; they'd be asking WHOO?!
I'm sure, from perch, my town would show a very different view!
I sure am getting sleepy; it sure is getting late.
But, I know, it could happen, if, I could only wait.
My eyes just keep on, closing, though, I fight, with all my might.
I'll have, to try, to stay awake, again, tomorrow night!
Donna L. Ferguson Dudley, copyright 2018 5/26/18
Art, by Lisa Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment