Wednesday 1 January 2020

10 Magical, Sweet Quotes by J.D. Salinger on his Birthday

“She wasn’t doing a thing that I could see, except standing on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.”
“Don’t ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody.”
“Certain things, they should stay the way they are. You ought to be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone.”
“I was about half in love with her by the time we sat down. That’s the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty…you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are.”
 “An artist’s only concern is to shoot for some kind of perfection, and on his own terms, not anyone else’s.”
“I can’t explain what I mean. And even if I could, I’m not sure I’d feel like it.”
“Make sure you marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.”
“It was that kind of a crazy afternoon, terrifically cold, and no sun out or anything, and you feel like you were disappearing every time you crossed the road.”
“Poets are always taking the weather so personally. They’re always sticking their emotions in things that have no emotion.”
“If Death stepped miraculously through the glass and came in after you, in all probability you just got up and went along with him, ferociously but quietly.”

No comments:

Post a Comment