Monday 7 December 2015

25 Spiritual Quotes to Write on your Wall.

Via on Jun 11, 2015

chalk quote

Two years ago, I started writing quotes on the wall next to my bed.

I read so many interesting spiritual books that I felt the need to memorize some of their content to keep me going.
It started with writing one quote and today I have over 50 spread all over the wall.
These aren’t just any quotes. They are the daily bread I have. When I wake up, I read them. Before sleeping, I read them. If I feel down and skeptical, I read them.
Even now when I’m writing them down, I’m not copying them; I know them by heart. They simply are my bible.
The friends I have in my bedroom will stand still for 10 minutes in front of the wall and read them.
My close friends tell me that reading these quotes when feeling down is always relieving.
Just picking up some great quotes (not beautiful quotes) and writing them down somewhere I can always see has been helpful. Even at my office at work, I have something like 15 stickers with quotes on them on the computer.

From more than 50 quotes written down, I chose to share 25.

“Today I shall judge nothing that occurs.” ~ Deepak Chopra
“Nothing can grow forever. Dissolution is needed for new growth to happen.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
“At a certain point, even if we pray that the egg won’t cook, it will be cooked.” ~ Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
“It is not the appearance that binds you; it is the attachment to the appearance that binds you.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
“Any action you take might not bear fruit immediately. Until it does, do not resist what is.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
“Sometimes our wishes aren’t in tune with the cosmos time frame. Sometimes they happen in their own time frame, not when we feel we want them to.” ~ Unknown
“Some changes look negative on the outside. But you will soon realize that space was being created in your life for something new to emerge.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
“Don’t let go too soon but don’t hang on too long.” ~ Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
“Parting is such sweet sorrow.” ~ Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche taken from Shakespeare
“How can you suffer because of something that doesn’t exist?” ~ Buddhist Monk I met in Nepal
“One step away from despair, one step away from Enlightenment.” ~ Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche
“The more and more you analyze, the less and less you understand.” ~ Jiddy Krishnamurti
“Once you realize that a certain kind of food makes you sick, would you carry on eating that food and keep on asserting that it’s okay to be sick?” ~ Eckhart Tolle
“Die to the past every moment.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
“Every form is destined to dissolve again and ultimately nothing out here matters all that much. You have overcame the world as Jesus put it. Or as Buddha put it, you crossed over to the other shore.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
“We don’t have to search for light. There will be light when there is no darkness.” ~ Jiddy Krishnamurti
“They are seasons to our lives and painful times never last.” ~ Robin Sharma
“Practice acceptance.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
“It is always darkest before the dawn.” ~ Proverb
“Fall seven times, stand up eight.” ~ Zen saying
“Do not oppose life and life will come to you.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
“’This is my secret,’ he said. ‘I don’t mind what happens.’” ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
“If I do not know reality, the unknown, how can I search for it? Surely it must come but I cannot go after it. If I go after it I am going after something which is the known, projected by me; by my own mind.” ~ Jiddu Krishnamurti
“The law of detachment says that in order to acquire anything in the physical universe, you must relinquish your attachment to it.” ~ Deepak Chopra
“There is no need for conditions. One can be unconditionally happy.” ~ Osho


No comments:

Post a Comment