Friday 20 April 2018

10 Tim Burton Quotes to Inspire your Wild & Wacky inner Artist. Via Yoli Ramazzina

Below, I’ve compiled 10 Tim Burton quotes to inspire our wild and wacky inner artist:

1. “It’s good as an artist to always remember to see things in a new, weird way.”
2. “One person’s craziness is another person’s reality.”
3. “I can’t remember any dreams in my life. There’s so much strange in real life that it often seems like a dream.”
4. “Things that I grew up with stay with me. You start a certain way, and then you spend your whole life trying to find a certain simplicity that you had. It’s less about staying in childhood than keeping a certain spirit of seeing things in a different way.”
5. “Visions are worth fighting for. Why spend your life making someone else’s dreams?”
6. “When I was growing up, Dr. Seuss was really my favorite. There was something about the lyrical nature and the simplicity of his work that really hit me.”
7. “I get so tired of people saying, ‘Oh, you only make fantasy films…’ and this and that, and I’m like, ‘Well no, fantasy is reality,’ that’s what Lewis Carroll showed in his work.”
8. “When you don’t have many friends and you don’t have a social life, you’re kind of left looking at things, not doing things. There’s a weird freedom in not having people treat you like you’re part of society or where you have to fulfill social relationships.”
9. “I have a problem when people say something’s real or not real, or normal or abnormal. The meaning of those words for me is very personal and subjective. I’ve always been confused and never had a clear-cut understanding of the meaning of those kinds of words.”
10. “For some of us, Halloween is everyday.”


No comments:

Post a Comment