Thursday 13 September 2018

10 Quotes by Radical Women for the Women I Love

Here are my current top 10 favorite quotes by radically forward-thinking, brave, and creative women, for women:

“Censor the body and you censor breath and speech at the same time. Write yourself. Your body must be heard.” ~ Hélène Cixous
“Your silence will not protect you.” ~ Audre Lorde
“Poetry is not a luxury. It is a vital necessity of our existence.” ~ Audre Lorde
“A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction.” ~Virginia Woolf
“Success isn’t about how much money you make, it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” ~ Michelle Obama
“Girls should never be afraid to be smart.” ~ Emma Watson
“Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” ~ Sara Blakely
“To the young women who aspire to leadership and public service, I say: Believe in the power of your voices & your potential to make change.” ~ Kamala Harris
“My alone feels so good, I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.” ~ Warsan Shire
And my ultimate, all-time favourite:
“I say,
It’s in the arch of my back,
The sun of my smile,
The ride of my breasts,
The grace of my style.
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,
That’s me.” 
~ Maya Angelou

1 comment:

  1. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing Electronics Accessories in Florida

    ReplyDelete