Monday 21 September 2020

My Unicorn Friend


By Brenda Vermeulen
The raindrops had stopped falling on that cool summers' day,
The sun was thawing the clouds away.
When suddenly from behind the rainbow in a silvery haze,
I stared in awe; I couldn't help but gaze.
Something magnificent in gentle flight
Came drifting down like snow in the night.
Something magical with eyes shining bright,
With a sturdy horn, and a mane of pure white.
I gazed at this vision or was it a dream,
Was it a Unicorn, could it have been?
A mythical creature we've all heard of,
The creature of hope and true love.
Bringing some hope to my lonely heart,
Trying to mend the faith that had fallen apart.
I reached out to touch its beautiful face,
Longing to take it in a loving embrace.
The eyes of the Unicorn met mine for a moment in time,
The message was clear, this creature was mine.
To walk beside me on those long, lonely days,
To help me understand its magical ways.
I had found a friend, who would always be near,
In times of sorrow, loss and fear.
I carry this vision close to my heart,
My love for my Unicorn will never part.
It will walk beside me until the day,
That special someone comes my way.
Then my Unicorn and I will have to part,
The Unicorn will have to find another lonely heart.
Someone who needs a symbol of hope by their side,
Someone to chase away the evil tide.
Someone to bring back faith that is lost,
Someone to chase away the frost.
Unicorn, please never forget me,
When that raindrops stop falling,
And the sun thaws the clouds away,
Because my Unicorn, I might need you someday,
To chase sorrow and despair away.
Artist Judy Mastrangelo


Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

No comments:

Post a Comment