Monday 13 January 2014

Identity Crisis: 10 Quotes to Inspire & Remind Us of Our Worth.

Via on Jan 11, 2014

I have this amazing friend.

She inspires me.

She makes me feel beautiful and smart and special—and right now she needs a boost.
Because she’s not sure of who she is or, rather, of what her role in this world is; where her place lies—and that’s an awkward and painful space to inhabit (although we all do from time to time).
So, dear heart, this is for you:
Quotes to remind you that you are big, you are bright and you are capable of everything and anything your spirit is capable of envisioning.
(And this is also for everyone and anyone who ever wondered where they fit in and what lies beyond the realm of pain.)
“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self, so therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.” ~ Kahlil Gibran
“To be idle requires a strong sense of personal identity.” ~ Robert Louis Stevenson
“My potential is more than can be expressed within the bounds of my race or ethnic identity.” ~ Arthur Ashe
“I don’t want to be perfect, but I do want to be a role model. My mom always tells me that imperfections equal beauty. All of us are imperfect.” ~ Miley Cyrus
“I’ve never been a conceited person or cocky, never felt boastful, but I always had a sense of self-worth; I always had a real sense of myself.” ~ Will Ferrell
“It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.” ~ William Shakespeare
“Girls see these defined roles they’re supposed to follow in life, but when I was a young child, my parents told me I could be anything.” ~ Joan Jett
“Our stories come from our lives and from the playwright’s pen, the mind of the actor, the roles we create, the artistry of life itself and the quest for peace.” ~ Maya Angelou
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.“ ~ Marianne Williamson.
“The high destiny of the individual is to serve rather than to rule.” ~ Albert Einstein


No comments:

Post a Comment