Saturday 16 May 2020

Super Gooey Flapjacks


DSCN1767 


THAT GRACE GIRL | NOTES ON BEAUTY

I am a huge flapjack fan, but my big issue with baking my own is 
that the recipes are never quite gooey enough. I usually counter this 
by adding extra golden syrup, in which case they end up so gooey 
they have to be eaten with a spoon from a bowl. Personally, I'm 
fine with this, but other people aren't always so keen, and it is 
harder to transport. So I set myself the task of creating the 
perfect flapjack recipe, and I think I've hit the nail on the head.

Ingredients:

250g rolled oats 125g brown sugar 125g butter 7 tbsp golden 
syrup (excessive I know but reduce if you must!)

1. Preheat the over to 180C. Melt the butter and sugar over a low 
heat and stir together.

2. Add the oats, (not all at once otherwise it gets quite hard to stir), 
and the golden syrup.

3. Stir until all the oats are covered then pour into a lined baking 
tray.

4. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes.

5. Leave to cool, then slice, serve, and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment