Friday 23 April 2021

Perfect

 When I see the perfect people,

perfect is no longer what I see...
I see pressure,
I see stress,
I see strict regimes and unforgiving schedules.
I see fear of failure.
I see hunger.
I see missed fun, empty plates and lives too full with punishing conformity.
Most of all I see a very sad inner child who never imagined a life of living up to everyone else’s expectations.
When I see perfect people now, I mostly hope that one day they will get to enjoy the freedom that a life without containment can bring. The joy of removing those shackles and letting go of what other people may think of us.
These days, I find my perfect in the real, the flawed, the fearless and the raw.
For the people who can freely share that part of themselves with others, have found something we all chase.
Peace.
ART BY JULIA WATKINS
May be art



No comments:

Post a Comment