Tuesday 26 July 2022

Happy birthday to Aldous Huxley

 



๐ŸŽ‚ Happy birthday to Aldous Huxley (1894-1963), English novelist and critic gifted with an acute and far-ranging intelligence whose works are notable for their wit and pessimistic satire. He remains best known for Brave New World (1932), a model for much dystopian science fiction that followed. ๐Ÿ‘‡
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored."
"Words can be like X-rays if you use them properly – they’ll go through anything. You read and you’re pierced."
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music."
"But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
"You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad."
***

No comments:

Post a Comment