Tuesday 17 July 2018

No Ordinary Lover



I loved you under the Strawberry moon tonight
And after it was over, you were gone.
Our love is not an ordinary love;
methodical, monotonous, and full of routine rituals.
No bland breakfast banters or wanton waiting for time to pass.
A stolen kiss, wandering hands, and gentle eyes
You leave handprints on my soul as you gently caress my skin.
Nowhere have we been together that doesn’t defy all rhyme and reason
For you hold me in the space between now and tomorrow.
Time is suspended in the world we create
With just one look from your eyes that penetrate my soul…I am gone
For together we are diving into an uncertain future
Every moment created blends into the moments before
until time has passed and dissolved into the beauty of forever.
And we are not ordinary lovers,
for you make me believe in an eternity that I abandoned when I was reborn.




No comments:

Post a Comment